Terms & Conditions
FRONTIER SECURE IDENTITY PROTECTION Terms and Conditions Agreement
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PURSUANT TO WHICH FRONTIER WILL PROVIDE YOU FRONTIER SECURE IDENTITY PROTECTION PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (“SERVICES”)AND REQUIRES THAT ANY DISPUTE BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS RATHER THAN LAWSUITS, JURY TRIALS, OR CLASS ACTIONS, AS EXPLAINED MORE FULLY BELOW. ALL OF IT IS IMPORTANT SO TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ IT CAREFULLY. BY ENROLLING AND USING THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
3.Privacy and Information Sharing
You agree that you will use the products and/or services to protect against or prevent actual
fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities.
4.Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
OUR SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS". TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER FRONTIER NOR ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS (“SERVICE PROVIDERS”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AS TO THE CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, THAT A USER WILL HAVE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR THAT OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE. IN ADDITION, FRONTIER AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. THEREFORE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BY USING OUR SERVICES AND OUR SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER FRONTIER NOR ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SITE, CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), INCLUDING LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
D.We are not a credit repair organization, or similarly regulated organization under other applicable laws, and do not provide credit repair advice.
Our credit monitoring offerings monitor only the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer, and do not monitor, compare or cross-reference the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer to any other credit file(s) maintained by the applicable credit bureau(s).
5.Limitation of Liability
SUBJECT TO SECTION 4 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND OUR LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS; OR
1. ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
a. ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES OR SITE;
b. ANY CHANGES WHICH WE MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
c. THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
d. YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE US WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION; OR
e. YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
2. THE LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN SECTION 4 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
6.Payment and Billing
In the event that we bill you directly (that is, you are not billed by one of our third party service providers), you agree that you will make any required payments to us on a timely basis on a monthly or annual basis (as determined by you when you enroll). You authorize us to bill your credit card or other account that you have designated unless you tell us in advance to cancel your order. In the case of direct payment, you authorize us to: (1) charge your credit card, (2) automatically charge your credit card on a monthly or annual basis for your recurring monthly or annual renewals, as the case may be, and (3) obtain automatic updates for any expiring credit cards you have provided Frontier. Monthly or annual fees and renewal fees will be billed at the rate agreed to at purchase. At cancellation, your Frontier Secure account will be inactivated and you will no longer be able to log into our Site and/or have any access to the Services. Except in the case of annual subscription commitments you have agreed to, which shall be nonrefundable, as permitted by law, if you cancel, you agree that fees for the first month of Service and any start-up costs associated with setting up your account ("Start-up Costs") shall be nonrefundable, as permitted by law. With the exception of any subscription commitments agreed by you, if you paid fees in advance for any period longer than one month, then you may, with the exception of fees for the first month of Service and any Start-up Costs, obtain a refund on a pro rata basis for the period remaining after you cancel.
7.Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
When you provide us with comments, suggestions, or ideas (collectively, "Feedback"), such Feedback is not considered confidential and becomes the property of Frontier. We are not obligated to you if you provide such Feedback. We are free to use, copy, or distribute the Feedback to others for any purpose.
Because you can access this Site and use the Services internationally, you agree to follow all local rules about the Internet, data, e-mail, and privacy. Specifically, you agree to follow all laws that apply to transmitting technical data exported from the United States or the country of your residence.
9.Fair Credit Reporting Act
The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you to obtain from each credit reporting agency a disclosure of all the information in your credit file at the time of the request. Full disclosure of information in your file at a credit reporting agency must be obtained directly from such credit reporting agency. The credit reports provided or requested through our Site are not intended to constitute the disclosure of information by a credit reporting agency as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act or similar laws.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you are entitled to receive an annual free disclosure of your credit report from each of the national credit reporting agencies. To request your free annual report under the FCRA, you must go towww.annualcreditreport.com. You can also contact the central source to request this free annual disclosure by calling toll free (877) 322-8228 or by using the mail request form available at the central source Website.
You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report from a credit reporting agency if:
- You have been denied or were otherwise notified of an adverse action related to credit, insurance, employment, or a government granted license or other government granted benefit within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You have been denied house/apartment rental or were required to pay a higher deposit than usually required within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You certify in writing that you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment during the sixty (60) day period beginning on the date on which you made such certification.
- You certify in writing that you are a recipient of public welfare assistance.
- You certify in writing that you have reason to believe that your file at such credit reporting agency contains inaccurate information due to fraud.
In addition, if you reside in the state of Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or Vermont, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report once a year and if you reside in the state of Georgia, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report twice a year. For Illinois residents, credit reporting agencies are required by law to give you a copy of your credit record upon request at no charge or for a nominal fee. Otherwise, a consumer reporting agency may impose a reasonable charge for providing you with a copy of your credit report.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act provides that you may dispute inaccurate or incomplete information in your credit report. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE YOUR CREDIT REPORT FROM ANY OF THE CREDIT BUREAUS IN ORDER TO DISPUTE INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION IN YOUR REPORT OR TO RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR REPORT FROM EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN OR TRANSUNION, THE THREE NATIONAL CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES, OR FROM ANY OTHER CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.
It may be the policies of Equifax, Experian and/or TransUnion to provide a complimentary copy of the consumer credit report under circumstances other than those described above. If you wish to contact Equifax, Experian or TransUnion to obtain a copy of your credit report directly from such agency or if you wish to dispute information contained in an Equifax, Experian or TransUnion credit report file, please contact such entities as follows:
Experian: 1-800-EXPERIAN (1-888-397-3742)
If required by law, this agreement will be governed by the laws of your state. Otherwise, this agreement will be governed by the laws of the state of New York, without regard to its choice of law rules.
11.Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration
Frontier encourages You to contact our Customer Service department if You have concerns or complaints about the Services or Frontier Secure. Generally, customer complaints can be satisfactorily resolved in this way. If You are not able to resolve your concerns through our Customer Service department, You agree to resolve all disputes through binding arbitration or a small claims court rather than lawsuits, jury trials, or class actions. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and individual relief affecting individual parties that a court can award, including an award of attorneys fees if the law
You and Frontier agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us including, but not limited to, all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of our relationship, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, that arose either before or during this or any prior Agreement, or that may arise after termination of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing agreement, Frontier agrees that it will not use arbitration to initiate debt collection against You except in response to claims You have made in arbitration. In addition, by agreeing to resolve disputes through arbitration, You and Frontier agree to each unconditionally waive the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, representative proceeding, or private attorney general action.
Instead of arbitration, either party may bring an individual action in a small claims court for disputes or claims that are within the scope of the small claims court's authority. In addition, you may bring any issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, including, for example, the Federal Communications Commission. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision, even after the agreement is terminated. In person arbitrations will take place at a location that the AAA selects in the state of your primary residence unless You and Frontier agree otherwise. In addition, the arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and will be administered by the AAA. Procedure, rule and fee information is available from the AAA online at adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by calling Frontier at 1-877-462-7320, option 3. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration provision are for the court to decide. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, You may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $ 10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
Frontier agrees to pay your AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for claims for damages of up to $10,000 and for claims for non-monetary relief up to the value of $10,000, as measured from either your or Frontier's perspective. In addition, Frontier will not pay your share of the AAA fees if the arbitrator finds that either your claim or the relief sought is frivolous or brought for an improper
purpose, as measured by the standards of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b). If Frontier offers to settle your dispute prior to appointment of the arbitrator and You do not accept the offer, and the arbitrator awards You an amount of money that is more than Frontier's offer but less than $5000, then Frontier agrees to pay You double the arbitrator's award up to, but not more than, $5000. If Frontier does not offer to settle your dispute prior to appointment of the arbitrator, and the arbitrator awards You an amount of money, then Frontier agrees to pay You double the arbitrator's award up to, but not more than, $5000. Although Frontier may have a right to an award of attorneys' fees and expenses if it prevails, Frontier agrees that it will not seek such an award.
You and Frontier agree to seek only such relief—whether in the form of damages, an injunction, or other non-monetary relief—as is necessary to resolve any individual injury that either You or Frontier have suffered or may suffer. In particular, if either You or Frontier seek non-monetary relief, such relief must be individualized and may not affect individuals or entities other than You or Frontier.You and Frontier agree that we each may bring claims against the other only in an individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative, or private attorney general proceeding.The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class, representative, or private attorney general proceeding.If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.Further, an arbitrator's award and any judgment confirming it shall apply only to that specific case and cannot be used in any other case except to enforce the award itself
13.Your Passwords and Account Security
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to us for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify us immediately.
14.Termination of Relationship
2. If you want to terminate your legal agreement with us, you may do so, with our without cause, by (a) notifying us at any time and (b) closing your accounts for all of the Services which you use, where we have made this option available to you. Please contact us to close your account.
3. We may at any time terminate our legal agreement with youwith our without cause(and for any or no reason). We may also terminate our legal agreement with you if, among other reasons:
2. we are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
3. the provision of the Services to you by us is, in our opinion, no longer commercially viable.
4. If we terminate your Service without cause, Frontier will refund to you a pro rata portion of any fees already paid directly to Frontier for the Services that have yet to be provided. If this Agreement has not been terminated, it shall continue indefinitely, and you shall pay the corresponding fees for the Services. When this Agreement terminates, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and we have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time while the Agreement has been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this termination and/or cessation, and the provisions of Sections 4, 5, 6 and 10-15, inclusive, shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- We are not responsible for delay or failure to perform due to causes beyond our reasonable control.
- You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Frontier trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page without Frontier's express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of Frontier or any third party.
- The Site contains many of the valuable trademarks, service marks, names, titles, logos, images, designs, copyrights and other proprietary materials owned, registered and used by Frontier and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to, the marks “Frontier,” “Frontier Secure,” “Frontier Secure Identify Protection” and others. Frontier and the Frontier Secure product names referenced in the Site are either trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks of Frontier Communications Corporation. Any unauthorized use of same is strictly prohibited and all rights in same are reserved by Frontier. No use of any Frontier trademark may be made by any third party without express written consent of Frontier. Other products and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- No part of the Frontier or Frontier Secure Web Site may be reproduced, modified, or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written permission of Frontier.
- The images, text, screens, web pages, materials, data, content and other information ("Content") used and displayed on the Site are the property of Frontier or its Service Providers and licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. In addition to our rights in individual elements of the Content within the Site, Frontier owns copyright or patent rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. You may copy the Content from the Web Site for your personal or educational use only, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or service mark notice or attribution as they appear on the pages copied. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, none of the Content may be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of Frontier or the owner of the Content.
- Except as otherwise provided, we may send any notices to you to the most recent e-mail address you have provided to us or, if you have not provided an e-mail address, to any e-mail or postal address that we believe is your address. If you wish to update your registration information, please log in to your account and update your information.
Effective Date: February, 2017